I used to think that 40 was a really long time...and i guess if i'd been wandering around in the desert the last 40 years the way the Israelites did, i would probably still be thinking that. But praise God, these 40 years--yes, these FORTY years--have been filled with abundance. I had a national Buddhist friend today sms me and say, "God bless u and yr family," and i had to respond--"If God never blesses me again He has already given me so much-salvation thru His Son Jesus, an awesome family and friends like u! Praze His name!" And i really mean it. When i think (as some of you have already read my thoughts a few weeks ago) about my life, I am just overwhelmed. Overwhelmed that God would love me so much, care for me the way He has, provide for me and bless me over and abundantly. It is beyond words. So fear 40? No way!
Some of you have asked about my day, so this post is for you. Some of you could care less what an old lady (just hush Randy) did to celebrate, so feel free to skip this one...but nevertheless, onto the fun...and trust me...it was fun! It started, thanks to some 96 friends, before it ever got here with a party in my honor...
Cruel cupcake eaters...Now had these two ladies not had the most servant-like hearts of anyone i know, i'd probably have to come back to get em...BUT...I'll let ya slide.
I'm calling DSS...messing with the mind of a minor...
Thanks, Randy!
And to think, my own family was in on it!
I really am 40!
What a way to wake up, thanks to an awesome hubby who covered breakfast (with some help from my sweet teammate who made banana nut muffins), and to the older kiddos who got the little ones prepared for Montessori!
After getting everyone situated with school, Steven and I headed to the beach just to enjoy a little of God's creation. Though the water was a little murky due to monsoon season, we were still able to see some cool tropical fish!
Our good friend, Vij* gave me some pretty orange flowers!
vij.JPG)
I also got some flowers from Tessa*...who made me a really cool list of "40 reasons why I love Debbie Crittendon"...i have to say my favorite was "Because she loves sauces and doesn't like to waste them"...to understand that, you have to eat a meal with me!
.JPG)
Brooke wanted to just keep on singing, "Happy Bir-day to You" as she blew out my 4 candles...
I also got some flowers from Tessa*...who made me a really cool list of "40 reasons why I love Debbie Crittendon"...i have to say my favorite was "Because she loves sauces and doesn't like to waste them"...to understand that, you have to eat a meal with me!
When school was all done, we headed out to the Lighthouse. Now i noticed everybody was acting a little sneaky, but i didn't really know what was going on.
Come to find out, Steven had invited our team to come hang out and play softball!
What a gift!!! Yeah!!!
[Sorry, i don't have any pics of that at the moment...]
After getting all hot and sweaty though, we hit the pool...
My girls...well almost all of them...where's my Brookie?
Ah, Thatha eka!
this was the best shot i could get of them two!
Don't you just know these boys could get into some stuff?
And my gift from my precious Father...How awesome is that?
How incredibly blessed I am with such an awesome family...
We arrived home only for me to find our teammates had beat us there!
Cake time!
I'm so thankful God ordained these days for us to serve together!
He's worthy!
we had a really special family time. Actually we had two. The first Steven read Psalm 139 and prayed a prayer of blessing over me. Then we moved to the bedroom, where he repeated something he had done almost 20 years ago when he proposed to me. This time, instead of being alone in the prayer room at Charleston Southern University, we were surrounded by our children seeing an example of a humble servant seeking to honor his wife, their mommy, by washing my feet. What a guy.
God had previously laid it on my heart for us to wash our children's together, so after I washed his--letting him know it is my heart's desire to serve him--we washed our kiddo's and prayed over them. When we were done, little Erin wanted to wash ours...of course it didn't stop there...

I know Papa Jim, they held ya down and made ya wear black didn't they?
Emanuel is saying, "I don't think you're old, Miss Debbie!"
"Me either," says Clara Beth...
Ok, so now i feel old, since i did teach this youngin' in 3rd grade!
"Tell her, tell her she's old..." Can't you just see Randy AGAIN messing with the mind of a minor? Where's DSS when you need them?
My sweetie boys...
Hangin' in the game room...


God had previously laid it on my heart for us to wash our children's together, so after I washed his--letting him know it is my heart's desire to serve him--we washed our kiddo's and prayed over them. When we were done, little Erin wanted to wash ours...of course it didn't stop there...
So, my birthday was over...or so I thought!
I awoke the next morning to Steven saying, hurry up...you gotta get up, Kevin and Ashlie wanna sing to you before the night's over (since it was still my birthday in America!).
So, I head to the computer to find not only Kev, Ash, and crew, but many of my friends from 96 having a skype party for me! I have to say, i kept my weight down by missing all these parties in the flesh, but it still would have been great to be with you guys!


I know Papa Jim, they held ya down and made ya wear black didn't they?
Emanuel is saying, "I don't think you're old, Miss Debbie!"
"Me either," says Clara Beth...
Ok, so now i feel old, since i did teach this youngin' in 3rd grade!
Julius isn't real happy with you Sonya for dragging him to my party!
But I'm glad ya came!!!
"Tell her, tell her she's old..." Can't you just see Randy AGAIN messing with the mind of a minor? Where's DSS when you need them? "Randy made me do it!!!"
My sweetie boys...
Hangin' in the game room...

I still love you guys!
"Uh, uh...I didn't have anything to do with this"
Yeah, right, I see who's sitting beside you!
Enjoying the goodies--without me!
I miss all my girls!
Sweet friends, on the 'puter with me!
Thanks Papa Jim and Grandma for hosting such a fun party!
Enjoying the goodies--without me!Guess it is! Now that really is cruel!
Thankfully, we still have a tad of Franks Red Hot Sauce left!
I miss all my girls!
Sweet friends, on the 'puter with me!
Thanks Papa Jim and Grandma for hosting such a fun party! I love you guys--all of you!
To everyone who participated in my 40th birthday--whether on this side or that--through e-cards, e-mails or real paper cards; through parties--in the flesh or not--you made my day extremely special. I am blessed!!!
I serve an awesome God...who pours out grace after grace after grace. He's so good. I hope you know Him, too. Life's just simply not worth living without Him...but with Him, well, there's simply nothing that compares!
sunset+(2).jpg)




3 comments:
wow! what a day! How cool! That rocks!
Hey Debbie,
Randy wants to let you know that the cake he viewed on here from Sri Lanka did not have NEARLY enough candles on it!!!! HA! Of course he says he realizes that they might not have fire extinquishers over there.......
We sure had FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Missing you guys and we are soooooo very thankful for the 40 years plus days you have been here.
Love you!!!
It was a JOY to celebrate with you! I hope my 40th is celebrated in style like yours was! Love ya!!
Post a Comment