Friday, March 16, 2007

Big Dee is a whoppin' 6!

February 28, 2007
Wow, I just can't believe it! Our Little Dee is 6!
And boy, have these been 6 FULL years! Full of laughter, full of fixing things our Dee-Destructo has broken, full of listening to him sing, "I love you more than the sun, and the stars in the sky that I taught how to shine...", full of enjoying him playing with his brother and sisters...even as I type this my heart is just Full...full of gratitude for a wonderful God who would create such awesome kids!
Daniel had a really super b-day that started off with his choice for breakfast...
BLUEBERRY MUFFINS!!


On to the cake decorating...so we had a decision to make. Because Daniel was having a party with some friends over we (Heshni*) baked two cakes. Would one be a basketball and one be a spiderman cake? Time was running out quickly...

We decided on making it a layer cake (to save time), but to make it extra-special we decided to add something a little different...different colored icing in the middle along with sprinkles. Daniel chose for the top to be Spider-Man and as Allie brought his mask for me to draw out on the cake, God gave me a brilliant idea...USE THE MASK INSTEAD!!
So we did and even added some other superheroes...and saved several hours!!!
What do you think? Pretty cool, huh?!


Here's DeeDog with his buddies at his party!

Wow! Look what Dee got...



Ok, so as I was trying to catch a nap earlier in the day knowing what was ahead and thinking, "what in the world am I going to do with these kids...
some of which aren't able to communicate with each other?"
Another brilliant idea from the Lord...
Homemade Twister!
Boy, is God good or what?
And isnt' Dee a cutie pie?

So everyone had to get in on it...even Brooke!

and the big kids...

and the bigger kids...

Boy is this a great shot or what???
Somitri* is really glad he got to play!

So are the ladies!!!


Welp, the parties done, but the fun isn't...
Steven with his buddy, Chenuth, Luke's* son


Chenuth leaves with his family. Is this great or what? Talk about saving gas.


And now, for the gift...
I think he likes it, don't you?
Yes, what a great day it was...a great day to reflect on the precious gift God gave us 6 years ago with Little (ok Big) Dee!
And as if that wasn't enough...look at how our day ended...
No, God's not just good...He's awesome!

















2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

awesome! Great post! Looks like you guys had an awesome time! I love the cake idea!! I'm also very impressed about your homemade twister!! how did you make that?? I"m impressed! Nice! :)
Cool post!

kingzkiidinromania said...

It looks like you all had a fabulous day!
Happy late birthday Daniel!
What a blessing he was to me when we were neighbors!
I always looked forward to his smile! ...and his voice! Oh, I can still hear that little voice of his singing to the Lord with all he had in him!
I love reading your updates and seeing how the kids are growing...and not just physically.
luv ya guys!
aura